How can I tell if my shipped eggs are "scrambled" or intact ??

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by adobechicks, Mar 9, 2012.

1. adobechicks

adobechicks Out Of The Brooder

Mar 3, 2012
    My shipped eggs arrived today. Di spite the sellers markings of FRAGILE all over the box, it was still smashed. Luckily she packaged them well so only 2 eggs were broken. I am really worried that the others are ruined now. Is there anyway to tell? Can I candle them....if i do what do i look for ?? They are resting at room temp pointy side down right now on my counter. advice?

2. Wyogirl

Wyogirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2010
    Cody, WY
    I candle mine to see if I can see like an "air bubble" move around that is when I think that the egg has detached air cell?? I'm actually gonna go do lthat right now, have 24 to candle BLRW, GLW and turkeys[​IMG]
    Ayda

3. adobechicks

Mar 3, 2012
    when i candle them I don't see bubbles i don't think. But a dark mass at the top....maybe the yolk???? i guess I don't really know what I am looking for.

4. mlm Mike

mlm Mike Sunna and Mani Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 14, 2010
    Hardy Township, OH
  5. adobechicks

Mar 3, 2012
    Thank you :) They are in they incubator. Fingers crossed. I am not going to mess with them except to fill the water and turn them. I hope for at least 1 !!!

6. adobechicks

Mar 3, 2012
    I took them out and put them into cut down egg cartons than put them back in....quickly! I put them pointy side down. They are set at 99.6 and some water in it. I am using the Brinsea Mini Advanced. I am so worried that I did something wrong or that they got to roughed up.....time will tell :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by