How can people tell that you are a chicken lover? :)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Scrambled Egg, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    Well, besides the fact that I talk chicken ALL the time!!! Half of my conversations start with "My little chickens...this or that!!!! I have some chicken jewelry, a few rooster and hen pins and a pair of rooster earrings. Also my computer crows when I get email!! That is really cool! I am also the one heading to the feed store while everyone else is snatching up the sale bargains at Belks!!

How 'bout ya'll?! [​IMG]

2. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

If my having 10 pairs of chicken sox isn't a tip off, then the BYC bumperstickers may do it...

3. bamagirl68

bamagirl68 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2007
    central alabama
    My cell ringtone is chickens clucking!

4. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Mine's the Chicken Dance LOL

5. mdbucks

mdbucks Cooped Up

Jul 14, 2007
    EXIT 109 on 95
    does having picture of chicken as screen on phone mean anythng?? edited to add: and background for pc.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2007
  6. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    Rooster celphone ring.

Most people who know me are probably sick of hearing about chickens.

7. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    they avoid me at work

8. Hannah'sPlaidChickens

Hannah'sPlaidChickens Out Of The Brooder

Oct 30, 2007
    1. My bag for school is an adorable print of eggs, with roosters along the top and bottom.

2. My two binders are decked out, one with pictures on the front and back of all my chickens, and the other with vegetarian facts and reasons to not support the meat industry.

3. Every single day I LOUDLY express my concern at lunch that there is little options for vegetarians at my school lunch (and im not the only veggie there!)

4. Most of all I am constantly talking about how I am related to chickens in my interests and personality.

5. Also, at my Jr. High I'm famous for being the girl you take the orphaned or injured rat, cat, dog, lamb, squirrel, possum, guinea pig, or chicken too. It seems every other day some random kid runs up to me and plops a dying baby animal into my hands. And one time when I was late to feed the flock I dashed outside to scatter feed before hurtling back into my car where my mom (very ticked off!) was waiting. What I found inside the house was exciting, saddening, and then distressing. My hen had hatched her eggs, one had died and was now on the floor, cold to the touch. NExt thing I know it's mouth is just barely opening, and I know its alive. I couldn't leave it! So I brought it to school. What other choice did I have? In the car I got yelled at by my mom, but what did she expect? My Ag. Science teacher took the baby and put it in his microwave for the day, where the chick actually flourished. It is now almost grown, and back with his mother. But people at my school, teachers and principal included, will never forget me as "The Girl Who Brought The Chick To School". I get new 7th graders stopping me in the hall. Are you the girl who brought the chick to school? Yes. And how could I not. I am, by the way, a chicken lover. [​IMG]

9. Henriettahen

Henriettahen Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Canada
    1. My bag for school is an adorable print of eggs, with roosters along the top and bottom.

2. My two binders are decked out, one with pictures on the front and back of all my chickens, and the other with vegetarian facts and reasons to not support the meat industry.

3. Every single day I LOUDLY express my concern at lunch that there is little options for vegetarians at my school lunch (and im not the only veggie there!)

4. Most of all I am constantly talking about how I am related to chickens in my interests and personality.

5. Also, at my Jr. High I'm famous for being the girl you take the orphaned or injured rat, cat, dog, lamb, squirrel, possum, guinea pig, or chicken too. It seems every other day some random kid runs up to me and plops a dying baby animal into my hands. And one time when I was late to feed the flock I dashed outside to scatter feed before hurtling back into my car where my mom (very ticked off!) was waiting. What I found inside the house was exciting, saddening, and then distressing. My hen had hatched her eggs, one had died and was now on the floor, cold to the touch. NExt thing I know it's mouth is just barely opening, and I know its alive. I couldn't leave it! So I brought it to school. What other choice did I have? In the car I got yelled at by my mom, but what did she expect? My Ag. Science teacher took the baby and put it in his microwave for the day, where the chick actually flourished. It is now almost grown, and back with his mother. But people at my school, teachers and principal included, will never forget me as "The Girl Who Brought The Chick To School". I get new 7th graders stopping me in the hall. Are you the girl who brought the chick to school? Yes. And how could I not. I am, by the way, a chicken lover. big_smile

haha wow, you sound just like me.​

10. paganfish

paganfish Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2007
    Fleming, Colorado
    I have a chicken Coop-Coop Clock. Instead of a coo-coo it's a hen running around..being chased by the rooster. This happens every hour on the hour...she clucks too!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by