1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

How can we control pest animals?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by jeanbaker, Apr 24, 2018.

1. jeanbaker

jeanbaker In the Brooder

Feb 20, 2018
    Every day before going to my workplace, I used to feed some squirrels which were nested over my neighbour's tree. I feel really happy when I feed those tiny creatures. I used to give them peanuts and dry fruits. Yesterday, my neighbour told me that those squirrels are becoming a nuisance for them and they just want to relocate those squirrels in a better way without hurting their habitat. I gave him a better option. I just want to inform everyone about this. We have a lot of animal and wildlife control services in Toronto. If we use those services, we can relocate the animals and birds to a better place. Instead of destroying their habitat, we can arrange a proper nest. Those services promise us permanent animal and bird removal.

2. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka 8 Years

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    Unfortunately, most kinds of animals are territorial. When a wildlife service relocates a problem animal, most of the time, there are already resident animals living at the new location that won't welcome the "invader" with open arms, as it were. It will probably get attacked by its own kind, or get killed by a predator. At the very least, it will have a devil of a time carving out a niche for itself in a place where the skills it learned in a city/suburban setting may be no help at all . . . but, it is no longer the homeowner's problem, unless it comes back (which they often do, if they don't get "relocated" far enough away).

In theory, relocation is a nicer concept than straight out euthanasia, but as far as the animal is concerned, it often amounts to the same thing.:idunno

3. jeanbaker

jeanbaker In the Brooder

Feb 20, 2018
    So your point is that - relocation is not a permanent solution.Thank you for the response

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: