How cheap was your dinner tonight?

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by halo, Jun 12, 2008.

1. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Mine was cheap cheap and oh so good...2 bacon and tomatoe sandwiches on homemade whole wheat bread. mmmmmmmm

2. cantley2003

cantley2003 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 19, 2008
    Sanford, fl
    BAg of pinto beans $1.18 egg salad sandwiches eggs were free from neighbor, bread was 1.52 for the loaf so $2.70 for 5 people, the cost of mayo don't know.

Amy

3. happyhen

happyhen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    Northeastern Ohio
    Scallion foccacia (garden) with parmesan, mixed green salad (garden thinnings) with balsamic and olive oil and homemade strawberry (garden again) icecream. Served 6 (DS counts as 2 [​IMG]). Cheap.

4. melleo

melleo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2008
    St. Paris ohio
    Mine was the easy cook's meal
    One Digorno pizza total cost 5$$$
    Melia

5. patandchickens

patandchickens Flock Mistress

Apr 20, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    Tonight, fulfilling an earlier promise of 'a real restaurant' to my 3 yr old, we went to an incredibly crappy overpriced chinese joint (but it had sparkly chandeliers and fancy folded napkins and oddly dressed waiters, so he was well entertained). So that doesnt count [​IMG]

But last night we had fried egg sandwiches on homemade bread, and salad from homegrown lettuce with homemade vinaigrette, and (storeboughten) frozen peas. I would guess the total cost per serving to be somewhere around 50 cents. Mostly for the peas and the chickenfeed [​IMG]

Pat

6. TT

TT Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2008
    Florida
    Tonite was left over country syle pork ribs, stuffing and early peas - so it was free [​IMG] But all were on sale or bought at Sams Club.

7. heritagebirds

heritagebirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Eastern Shore MD
    not cheap $20 for all of us to eat....I was out of town for three days, so family was ready for something different....

8. love-my-wolves

love-my-wolves Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Front Royal, VA
    Yep, tonight was payday, so eat out day. KFC for 4 - $19.98. Not too bad, and very filling. Last night, pb&j. That was cheap!!!

Steph

9. Lobzi

Lobzi Chillin' With My Peeps

Pretty darn cheap. I took a burrito size tortilla, put some leftover chili I had in the frig with some already cooked carrots (yes I love them almost as much as Chickie) and a little lettuce to make a yummy burrito! Easy too!!![​IMG]

10. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Not cheap - we grabbed some take out - $21.78 - not fast food - a little family italain restaurant close by.

Me - greek salad
    DH - lamb gyro, onion rings
    DS - chicken tenders and fries

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by