how cold is it?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by sheila3935, Dec 12, 2010.

1. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    Its so cold my gloves froze to the metal gate when I went to change water and they were not wet(at least I dont think so) Wind chills to -20 tonight. How cold are you?

2. welasharon

welasharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2010
    North Florida
    We are supposed to get to 19 or 20 the next two days....but the kicker is I am in Florida...we don't do these temps too well! I hate cold.
    sharon

3. chikky

chikky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2009
    Glenmont, Ohio
    Your weather is on its way here to Ohio. Slushy rain all morning, now much colder (calling for 10 deg tonite, plus wind chill). Decided to put another tarp over the duck pen so I can clean the snow off of the top easier. Most of the week is supposed to be highs in the upper teens and lows in the low teens, plus wind (UGH).

At least the little guys got to run outside yesterday in the yard. I think that was the last day for awhile. Chickens stayed in the coop most of the day. They absolutely hate damp, cold weather.

Spring is one day closer [​IMG]

4. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    Colder than a well diggers arse... But really, its 22 with spitting snow and a wind advisory...

5. KungPaoRooster

KungPaoRooster Out Of The Brooder

May 1, 2009
    Cow Hampshire
    50 degrees .. a regular heat wave in New Hampshire

6. welasharon

welasharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2010
    North Florida
    We are supposed to be back in the mid 60's by Thurs/Fri. I hope we don't get too many cold ones like last year!

7. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    Yeah I'll bet. This is January weather for us not December. My DH wanted me to add its so cold he saw a politician's hand in his own pocket. I know very stale but then again I didnt say he had a great sense of humor. [​IMG]

8. Ema

Ema Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2010
    N. Ontario CANADA
    with the windchill is -38 tonight :-S

9. True Grit

True Grit Chillin' With My Peeps

I's about zero I guess. 18 degrees in the coop. Supposed to get down to -teens tonight. Single digit highs in the daytime. At least the winds have died down.

10. bburn

bburn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2010
    Delaware, Arkansas
    Arkansas here.....supposed to be 13 at 6am tomorrow. That is cold for us. Very cold for this time of year.

they have down coats on, they have down coats on, they have down coats on......

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by