How cold is too cold for my geese?

Amanda39

Chirping
5 Years
Apr 14, 2014
White Lake, Michigan
My geese have a pen in the garage, they are completely protected from the wind, but it's almost the same temp in the garage as the outside. They are on about 6 inches of pine shavings with food and water(in a heated bucket). It's getting down to -5 tonight, will they be ok?

I tried to let them out of their pen this morning so I could clean it, they wouldn't come out, I had to go in and shoo them out. As soon as I finished cleaning the pen they ran back in!

Will they be ok tonight?

My geese have a pen in the garage, they are completely protected from the wind, but it's almost the same temp in the garage as the outside. They are on about 6 inches of pine shavings with food and water(in a heated bucket). It's getting down to -5 tonight, will they be ok?

I tried to let them out of their pen this morning so I could clean it, they wouldn't come out, I had to go in and shoo them out. As soon as I finished cleaning the pen they ran back in!

Will they be ok tonight?
As long as they are out of drafts and can't get frozen in water they should be fine, it's going down to 3* with wind chills down into minus and mine have lots of bedding and where very happy to go inside tonight that wind and temps of 22 for a high today was brutal. They will lay on their feet and legs put their faces into their down and it will be like they pulled a down comforter over on themselves.

I just went out in the garage to visit with them and sat on their pine shavings. I have to say, the pine shavings are nice! Almost warmed my butt! They are a great insulation.

I also held both Moose and Lucy on my lap while I sat in their pen. Holy Crap! Their feet are cold! I warmed their feet with my own legs and gave kisses and pets as I held them.

I LOVE my geese!

I just went out in the garage to visit with them and sat on their pine shavings. I have to say, the pine shavings are nice! Almost warmed my butt! They are a great insulation.

I also held both Moose and Lucy on my lap while I sat in their pen. Holy Crap! Their feet are cold! I warmed their feet with my own legs and gave kisses and pets as I held them.

I LOVE my geese!
Well hopefully this morning you will find them happy and ready to eat.

Back
Top Bottom