How common is it for EE to lay white egg?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by JerseyFresh, Aug 5, 2011.

1. JerseyFresh

JerseyFresh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Utah
    I don't even want to try and imagine the genetics involved in my much loved EE's but was wondering if others have seen this. Is the white egg gene dominant? She's a bit different as she's the first EE we've had with a sort of floppy comb. All the rest had rose combs.

Thanks.

2. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Floppy comb? Maybe part leghorn? They lay white eggs. I know the blue/gree egg gene is a dominant one (at least that's what I have been told) I know several bycers have EE's that lay a brownish egg.... Can you post a picture of your chicken?

Last edited: Aug 5, 2011
  3. hennyannie

hennyannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    North Carolina
    I don't have any that don't have rose combs but they have layed a couple white eggs for me when they first started laying.
    Then the eggs quickly got blue as they layed more.

4. JerseyFresh

JerseyFresh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Utah
    I'll get a picture when I get home. She looks just like other EEs we've had except for that goofy comb. I'm not complaining mind you, it's just sort of interesting.

5. misfitfarm

misfitfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2011
    Lorimor, Iowa
    I just found out today that it has been my EE laying the little white pullet eggs, not my leghorns. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by