How contagious is coccidiosis?

Please bear with me here and don't take what I'm about to say in an ugly way.

When people try to syringe liquid into a bird's mouth they usually don't know what they're doing and make things worse.
It is extremely easy to force liquid down the wrong pipe in a chick's mouth.
One drop can be deadly.

I highly recommend that you stop syringing.
What you can do is hold a spoon of the liquid up to her beak let her drink it on her own.
Called a small dish up to her mouth constantly and let her drink on her own.

If you want to force fluids the safest way to do so would be to put a tube down into her crop.
No, I’m not taking it the wrong way - I appreciate the help! I had been putting the liquid in a spoon… but she refused to drink it.

I don’t feel knowledgeable enough to use a tube. Man… I so wish a vet would see this bird. :( I know they’re overwhelmed, but it’s so hard to watch an animal suffer and try to figure this out just from (much appreciated) Internet help.

Maybe I can put more liquid in the egg concoction? She does eat that happily from a spoon. I just don’t know if it will be enough hydration.

No, I’m not taking it the wrong way - I appreciate the help! I had been putting the liquid in a spoon… but she refused to drink it.

I don’t feel knowledgeable enough to use a tube. Man… I so wish a vet would see this bird. :( I know they’re overwhelmed, but it’s so hard to watch an animal suffer and try to figure this out just from (much appreciated) Internet help.

Maybe I can put more liquid in the egg concoction? She does eat that happily from a spoon. I just don’t know if it will be enough hydration.
Perfect put more water in the egg concoction.

Putting a tube in her throat is actually way easier than it sounds and if you would like to learn I can call over a couple people to teach you exactly how easy it is to do.

At this point you can tell by the photo that if she is extremely ill.
It is a complete guessing game as to why she is ill but if she does not get enough fluids she will die.
Getting her hydrated is more important than getting her to eat so if you can make the food soupy like and she'll eat it that will be better.

Perfect put more water in the egg concoction.

Putting a tube in her throat is actually way easier than it sounds and if you would like to learn I can call over a couple people to teach you exactly how easy it is to do.

At this point you can tell by the photo that if she is extremely ill.
It is a complete guessing game as to why she is ill but if she does not get enough fluids she will die.
Getting her hydrated is more important than getting her to eat so if you can make the food soupy like and she'll eat it that will be better.
Yes I would like to learn. Anything! I know there are no promises but if I can do something to get her well, I will.

Thank you. 🌸

Most recent poop

Attachments

• 45DEB205-B7A2-41FD-B5DD-C0E3F6472E60.jpeg
    45DEB205-B7A2-41FD-B5DD-C0E3F6472E60.jpeg
    371.9 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom