1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

how cute is this?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by AK_Button_Mama, Jan 3, 2009.

1. AK_Button_Mama

AK_Button_Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2008
    Wasilla, Alaska
    ok so I like alfalpha sprouts... I thought that it would be a nice treat to grow some for my chickens/and quail... the first ones I gave the sprouts to were the coturnix babies I just got from mrs.AKBB they saw it in the bowl and FLIPPED out... they were all cheep cheep cheep and they were so cute eating them it was like little worrmies they were jsut to cute eating them...... shakin thier eat to "kill" the sprout!!! awe how cute!!!!

2. tim_TX

tim_TX Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2008
    Make sure you give them some chick grit if you are going to supplement their feed with veggies.

3. AK_Button_Mama

AK_Button_Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2008
    Wasilla, Alaska
    oh they have sand/grit to bath and eat. they are SO cute to watch bathe in the sand my husband and I watched them when we got them home from Tori and giggled they are too cute!!!hubby said I should get more!!!! that is a first BTW!!!! he even built my incubator the day after I got them!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by