how cute!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by KristyHall, Jul 11, 2011.

1. KristyHall

KristyHall Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
  2. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Chicken Obsessed

Feb 2, 2009
    Northwest Arkansas
    They were used on army bases when I was there to keep grass down in sensitive areas, like around weapons bunkers. They don't make sparks in case there are munitions around, they do a good job, and they are not much of a security risk.

3. KristyHall

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    Quote:goats as a security risk. hehehe I have this mental image of goats sneaking around taking little photos of the base with their hooves on one of those old fashioned flash bulb cameras

4. Chew593

Chew593 Chillin' With My Peeps

My county has been using goats to clear the levees for a couple years. Twice a year my dogs go nuts because of this:

[​IMG]

This is about 200 feet from my back door. It sure beats the burning they used to do!

5. KristyHall

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    Quote:that is so cute. i wonder if the goats are eaten or milked? yummY!

6. Chew593

Chew593 Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:that is so cute. i wonder if the goats are eaten or milked? yummY!

I'm sure they are. These goat farmers are serious and from what I can gather (they're non-english speaking) these goats are raised, rotated and sold or butchered. He's contracted with the county for so many years and the larger the herd the faster the job is. He's doing alright for himself. He offered to sell me 2 kids last year, but I couldn't afford any more mouths to feed.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by