How did I count wrong?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by SassyKat6181, May 15, 2011.

1. SassyKat6181

SassyKat6181 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2010
    Western Mass
    So I was sent 4 roos with my duck order, and picked up 12 red pullets from TSC 8 weeks ago...... Today I am doing a headcount and there are 17....17? [​IMG] How the heck did this happen?

2. earnhardtlvr

earnhardtlvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    Hagerstown, MD
    Chicken math at it's finest! [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. ginger c.

ginger c. Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2011
    Alabama
    yup. you mastered chicken math! [​IMG]

4. lizch

lizch Out Of The Brooder

Mar 29, 2011
    ginger c. :

yup. you mastered chicken math! [​IMG]

I think "mastered" is a little strong, given that there's only a 1 chick difference between the intended number and the actual number. Or, to put it another way, only a 6% increase. My own initial exposure to chicken math produced a 233% increase between the intended number (3) and actual number (7) [​IMG]

5. earnhardtlvr

earnhardtlvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    Hagerstown, MD
    Quote:I think "mastered" is a little strong, given that there's only a 1 chick difference between the intended number and the actual number. Or, to put it another way, only a 6% increase. My own initial exposure to chicken math produced a 233% increase between the intended number (3) and actual number (7) [​IMG]

My own initial exposure to chicken mat produced a 473% increase between the intended number (6) and actual number (29)! [​IMG] [​IMG] Darn chicken math! [​IMG]

6. SIMPleChick

SIMPleChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Utah
    +4+2+2-1+4-3+3+1!!! That was MY chicken math this year!! LOL! All the -'s were Roo's that had to go.... [​IMG]

7. tclegg

tclegg Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2011
    Parkersburg
    My chicken math went like this...we wanted to start with 4 or 5--state minimum was 6...called to place order and decided 4 of each was needed to keep even. so we are to 8 now. But I still want to get 2 more breeds but to keep it "even" between them all I have to get 4 of each of those--which gives us grand total of 16!! from our initial of 4...And he wonders how we got to that count...It is CHICK MATHMATICS!!! LOL

8. Jferlisi

Jferlisi i dont eat chicken!!!!

Nov 2, 2010
    Menifee CA
    I love chicken math. Mine for this year was 4+4-1+2+8-3+2-1+1+2-2+1. Dont you just love it, i know i do.

9. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

Quote:I think "mastered" is a little strong, given that there's only a 1 chick difference between the intended number and the actual number. Or, to put it another way, only a 6% increase. My own initial exposure to chicken math produced a 233% increase between the intended number (3) and actual number (7) [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Tawodi

Tawodi Out Of The Brooder

Oct 24, 2010
    southern AZ
    how is this for math... December I decided I wanted to get 4 chickens to keep at the house. Counting the 32 (yes 32) that have hatched, i'm around 70 now.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by