How did this happen?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by BamaChicken, Nov 29, 2007.

1. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    Last nite another conehead hatched. It still hasn't completely fluffed out. I have created a partridge. I have a pen of silkies that I am not selling eggs from. I had a buff splash in with a splash for a while till I was ready to move in with buff cockeral who as of now I can't tell is doing any servicing. Also I had two buff silkies in with splash roo. I think this must be from the buff splash hen. Anybody need a partidge?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Yeah, how did you get a partridge out of those colors? Hmm. Cute, though.

3. KingsCalls

KingsCalls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2007
    New Market,Tn.
    Cute chick...............but, those 2-tone nails make me shiver all over....! (just playin')

4. Screebert

Screebert Out Of The Brooder

Nov 28, 2007
    Oregon City, OR
    Cute! Looks like he got his 'do gelled & slicked into a faux-hawk. [​IMG]

5. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Cute! I've got some silkie eggs in my incubator now. I've never had them and I used to think they were pretty ugly, but now I think they're pretty cute. [​IMG] These eggs were in the mail for 8 days, but a couple of nights ago when I candled some of them, it looked some of them were actually growing.

6. skeeter9

skeeter9 Chillin' With My Peeps

What a pretty baby!! Interesting color. Should be a beauty when all feathered out!!!

7. jimnjay

jimnjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    Julie, I don't know the genetics of Partridge but with my first order of Silkie Eggs, I got them from a mixed flock and the majority hatched partridge. Many had black heads with the flecked body. I know there were black and buff in the flock and others from the mixed colored flock. Maybe they are really just Smut colored, LOL, I dont' know but the blend in some was very pretty.

8. BamaChicken

Nov 14, 2007
    Thanks Skeeter. Katy I bet you have some hatches. Eggs can be up to 14 days and still viable although it goes down the older they get from what I understand.
    It does look like it used Dippity Do. I will take a pic later tonite and let you see how pretty it has fluff up.

9. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I hope I get some to hatch [​IMG]

Holey Moley....I haven't heard the name Dippity Do in a long time...do they still make that stuff?

Last edited: Nov 29, 2007
  10. BamaChicken

Nov 14, 2007
    I doubt they still make Dippity Do. Now we things called Brace and such.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by