How did this happen?

lincolnsilkies

Songster
8 Years
Aug 27, 2011
Lincoln Nebraska
I thought when you breed black with blue you get 50 50 well my hen who is black has a blue chick and a partridge chick hm.... i have only one blue rooster which we dont have anymore since we are not aloud to have roos but before we got rid of him he mated with my rosie and i had 8 of her eggs hatch in the incubator last week and now she has 2 with her that have hatched out of 4 i know one egg is not going to hatch we will see about the other

Quote:
i had same thing with my blue rooster and black hen its because blue dosent always breed true and some there was partedge in back ground

Define "partridge."
wink.png
Do you mean black with gold/brown here and there? Or do you mean a mostly brown bird with penciling and a gold neck?

Sounds to me like someone is carrying something recessive.

The baby has alot of browns and creams on it no black at all i didnt get a real good look because she is being pretty grouchy right now i will get a pic as soon as i can!!

But i see in the pic it looks like Rosie may have a but of red in her so maybe that's how it happened! i love partridges i have none but after this hatch i have 1 from Rosie and 2 from another hatch

Back
Top Bottom