How Did YOU Find BYC? Why Did YOU Join It? Tell Your Story HERE!

Cool.

I remember how I found it. I looked up "Chickens" in the browser, pulled up a picture, clicked the link, and it took me to a funny chicken story with pictures. So then I looked at the thread about the 100 pictures of my flock by Pipd and immediately went to the next story and the next. Then I meandered down into the games section, and decided that I just HAD to be a part of this awesome community! So I joined!

Cool.

I remember how I found it. I looked up "Chickens" in the browser, pulled up a picture, clicked the link, and it took me to a funny chicken story with pictures. So then I looked at the thread about the 100 pictures of my flock by Pipd and immediately went to the next story and the next. Then I meandered down into the games section, and decided that I just HAD to be a part of this awesome community! So I joined!
wee.gif
Thats pretty much how I found it too!

I found it initially about 3 weeks ago when one of my flock developed sour crop. My search for possible answers led me here. I joined today to tell a different story that I posted in the emergencys forum. I'll copy an abreviated bit here...hope that's okay.
Saturday morning hubby calls me from the coop in the back yard. Our queen of the flock, Thing One, (an 8 wk old Buff Orp pullet) is laying limp on the floor. Unresponsive but eyes open and blinking, pick her up and head dangles like a pendulum. Can feel an obvious injury but acts like neck is broken. I'm heartbroken...she was the "pet chicken" of the bunch who would run to greet us and she was A-OK when we closed the coop the night before. I put her back in the garage box we brooded them in....cried for 2 days off and on. I discouraged my 6 year old from checking on her and told her not to think about it, because she was dying and there was nothing we could do. with her limp neck I didn't even dare to try fluids for fear of choking her. Chick remained in that state until Monday morning. Sunday night she was on her side feet stuck straight out eyes closed and didn't respond if you touched her. MONDAY at 2pm I went to check her after work and she was ON HER FEET --and Holding her head up. In shock I just stood there! So I dropper fed her Gatorade and infant vitamin drops and some plain yoghurt. Last night she was hesitantly pecking at her feed and before bed I found her asleep with her beak still in the feed dish! This morning she greeted me as I opened the garage door - she was up on the box side (3 feet up) preening away. Food dish empty. I left her in the coop with her sisters preening in the sun.

I found it initially about 3 weeks ago when one of my flock developed sour crop. My search for possible answers led me here. I joined today to tell a different story that I posted in the emergencys forum. I'll copy an abreviated bit here...hope that's okay.
Saturday morning hubby calls me from the coop in the back yard. Our queen of the flock, Thing One, (an 8 wk old Buff Orp pullet) is laying limp on the floor. Unresponsive but eyes open and blinking, pick her up and head dangles like a pendulum. Can feel an obvious injury but acts like neck is broken. I'm heartbroken...she was the "pet chicken" of the bunch who would run to greet us and she was A-OK when we closed the coop the night before. I put her back in the garage box we brooded them in....cried for 2 days off and on. I discouraged my 6 year old from checking on her and told her not to think about it, because she was dying and there was nothing we could do. with her limp neck I didn't even dare to try fluids for fear of choking her. Chick remained in that state until Monday morning. Sunday night she was on her side feet stuck straight out eyes closed and didn't respond if you touched her. MONDAY at 2pm I went to check her after work and she was ON HER FEET --and Holding her head up. In shock I just stood there! So I dropper fed her Gatorade and infant vitamin drops and some plain yoghurt. Last night she was hesitantly pecking at her feed and before bed I found her asleep with her beak still in the feed dish! This morning she greeted me as I opened the garage door - she was up on the box side (3 feet up) preening away. Food dish empty. I left her in the coop with her sisters preening in the sun.
Great story! :D

I found it in 2008 when I was desperatley(sp?) Searching for help because the city we lived in and my (now ex) husband conspired to take our pet dwarf dutch bunny and bantam barred rock hen from us. I fell out of the forum for years but the people here were so compassionate and so helpful that I remembered five years later after moving and now that I have internet agin I'm back :)

Back
Top Bottom