How do I clean her vent..pics

Ok hubby off to Ace for the dust..he did get baby oil and gloves :) Will have to hit feed store tomorrow for the other..and I did see her sipping water..so I will clean her then dust her..think is ok to dust her in bathroom..I don't care at this point..

She will be fine without roosting. I have used a piece of wood in my shower for mine to roost on. If shes really weak, she may not be able to.

Ok a closer look at vent..Have to serve dinner to the family..I sort of lost appitite. Going to totally approach this cleaning as gentle as possible.

Hi,

Yep, that looks like lice to me. It doesn't look like it is a bad case, I've seen worse. Just treat her right and she'll be doing great!

HS Pye

Ok..cleaned her vent off. Quite surprised how calm she was, just sitting there preening herself. I think she is loving her private suite. Now I am going to take her to porch and dust. Any special spots to hit, I am guessing around vent. I also added Corid to her water. Going to pile up more towels and piece of 2x4 incase wants a roost. Tomorrow will dust other girls and totally clean coop. So after all this is done should she be safe to go back if she seems her perky self? It was so scary finding her half buried head first on back in the deep bedding. Thank you sooo much to all help. Gonna get Safeguard and research the worming gig..when, dosage, etc. By the time I get the chicks in Spring, I bet I will have more chicken med than human meds in the cabinet...I love them, it all worth it..

Back
Top Bottom