How do I clean this and that?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by BeardedChick, Jan 23, 2009.

1. BeardedChick

BeardedChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Seriously - I need help. My earthen basement entry, complete with rickety creaky old stairs, is full of cobwebs and gross old flies. It needs a major cleaning. I know to use the broom to sweep out the cobwebs, but then how do you clean all the resulting gunk off the broom? [​IMG]

I have been intimidated about this project for too long, and need some help getting started!

Last edited: Jan 23, 2009
  2. lovemychix

lovemychix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    Desinate an old broom for the job and leave it that way!!! [​IMG] I've also heard that using cedar oil sprayed on the broom when your dusting it and cleaning will help prevent new bugs from getting in there so badly.

3. eggzettera

eggzettera Chillin' With My Peeps

I would vacuum not sweep, sweeping to me just means moving it around. Do you have a vacuum with the bare floor attachment? I would use that & then use just the hose to clean the brush...

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Wrap a towel around the broom and secure with a zip tie. Then just throw the towel in the wash and your broom is fine.

5. BeardedChick

You guys are not picturing the size of these cobwebs! My Dyson is cowering in fear!!!!

I'd be afraid to try and run old dead fly-gob-webs through the laundry. If things went horribly wrong, I'd have to throw away my washing machine. [​IMG]

BUT I could find a ratty t-shirt to wrap the broom with then toss the t-shirt.

If you don't hear from me again, I've been turned to spider bait.

6. BeardedChick

The horror, the horror!!! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And now the traps, meatsaw, and raincoat are almost sparkling!

[​IMG]

7. jab91864

jab91864 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2007
    Northern Michigan
    Looks like a job well done....

Julie [​IMG]

8. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Quote:Good job! [​IMG]

But those were some pretty wimpy webs compared to a banana spider! [​IMG] We have spiders the size of C17's here in the muggy tropics.

9. BeardedChick

Quote:Good job! [​IMG]

But those were some pretty wimpy webs compared to a banana spider! [​IMG] We have spiders the size of C17's here in the muggy tropics.

I am NEVER moving to SC!!!

I did relocate a big fat spider this summer, all that was left this time of year were daddy long legs. The Dyson ate them.

10. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    what's a dyson? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by