How do I download a photo of a chick here? Why is it so complicated?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by weesy68, Aug 13, 2010.

1. weesy68

weesy68 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2009
    Stratford CT
    Please remind me how to download a photo here and get it into a post, I can download it but I can't then add it to a post by cutting and pasting.

2. hudsonhousechicks

hudsonhousechicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2010
    Austin
    First login, then click on the forum page and in the blue horizontal bar that runs across click 'Uploads".
    You can upload your photo (.jpg) files there. You want to view your uploads. I copy the img tag code and then paste it into my posts.

Sounds complicated but its easier than it sounds. You just ahave to dink around with it. You'll get the hang of it.

3. hudsonhousechicks

Jun 2, 2010
    Austin
    on the upload page choose the file you want ot upload. Then at the bottom right of that upload page there is a link that reads, "My Uploads". Go there. You'll see your image, "Thumb" code (presumably for thumbnail sized images) and "Image" code. I copy the code in the Image bar then go back to the post. You just paste that code into this box here.

[​IMG]
    There. I just did one. Now I'm gonna experiment with the "thumb" code to see what that does:
    [​IMG]

4. hudsonhousechicks

Jun 2, 2010
    Austin
    Just a thought, you might want to compress your photos first. Mine are huge! Sorry bout that.

5. weesy68

May 3, 2009
    Stratford CT
    It still won't cut and paste, I am so frustrated! I want to paste first chick photos and it ain't happening.

6. LizGled628

LizGled628 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    Rhode Island
    Try "cutting" instead of "copying". I have a mac, and I have the same issue with cut and paste. You won't lose the url if you cut instead. Good luck!

7. hudsonhousechicks

Jun 2, 2010
    Austin
    I'll help you. I just emailed you. Do you want to do this on the message board or thru email?

8. weesy68

May 3, 2009
    Stratford CT
    Sorry, locking my chooks in! On the message board is fine thanks.

9. weesy68

May 3, 2009
    Stratford CT
    [​IMG]

Did it! Thanks for the cutting tip, that was the problem!

10. hudsonhousechicks

Jun 2, 2010
    Austin
    So you've uploaded your chickie images, right? That means that you must have clicked on UPLOADS on the horizontal blue bar at top of this page. If you haven't do it now. Okay then. See how there is a second blue bar that reads, "UPLOAD IMAGE"? You see Your usage, Restrictions, file, submit? So you're on the right page. So....scroll down just a little and (maybe it makes a difference with the browser that you're using. I am using Firefox. So on my computer there is a link at the bottom right in blue letters that reads My Uploads.

Click My Uploads.

Now there is a window that has a variety of BYC Links and below that another horzntl blue bar that has your user name - Uploads. So weesy68-Uploads.

That's the page you should be on. There are two bars with different code. Can you put your cursor at the start of the code for Thumb? Then press the mouse and drag over the text that's in that little box. I have an apple so I click command and C to copy. Then...

Go back to the your post, write what you want to write and then past that code right below. I use the keys
    Command and V to paste.

is that not working for you????

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by