How do I find out what shows are coming up?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by DUCKGIRL89, Feb 22, 2012.

1. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    I really would love to go to a bird show, but I have no idea how to find out what shows are next! :confused:

So, how do I go about finding out?

2. QuackerJackFarms

QuackerJackFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2011
    Missouri
    Hey DG! I found out about a few through the Where am I Missouri thread. Are you on the Tennessee one?

3. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Nope, I tryed talking to them... Nothing :lol: I found out theres one in knoxville (a houtlr and a half from me) http://www.metzerfarms.com/ShowEventInfo.cfm?index=171 Whats a dixie classic open show?

4. QuackerJackFarms

QuackerJackFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2011
    Missouri
    I don't know, but it sounds like a blast!

5. grawg

grawg Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2011
    East Tennessee
    Looks like the dixie classic is an event for the Tennessee valley poultry club. They have a facebook page where there was some discussion about it.

6. mominoz

mominoz Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2009
    North Georgia
    Look higher up onthe BYC Forums at "'Chcikenstocks, shows, meets" , because I believe most shows, or at least APA also include "waterfowl", ie. ducks, geese,. Even little local shows include waterfowl usually. There are APA (American Poultry Association shows), 4h for kids and state or county fairs. ( Some people won't go to county shows because they say there are too many sick birds.)But waterfowl don't get near the stuff chickens get.
    I also am getting Poultry Press, it's supposed to have show lists in it. I also googled, My state and "Poultry show" and found one that way....

7. mominoz

mominoz Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2009
    North Georgia

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by