How do I find pics of milk jug waters here?

mominoz

Crowing
12 Years
Feb 17, 2009
North Georgia
I read about the waters made out of milk jugs and am getting ready for my 4 geese babies coming and later my ducks I have ordered.
I only saw part of one in a photo--I tried to search, but didn't get anything with better pics.
Can someone direct me how to find the photos of useful waters , feeders for ducks and geese? Particularly while babies. Guess I am more use to the 'files, photos " set up in yahoo.....

Duck Keeper

Songster
10 Years
Mar 18, 2009
Out in the Boonies
I used half-gallon milk jugs for both feeder and waterer; be prepared to have a lot on hand, or clean them out a lot.

Just make sure it has a cover and is really cleaned out well.

Okay, now lay it on it's side, and poke scissors through about halfway up the side. Cut a SMALL hole, you can make it bigger after you try it out on them. I had four holes in mine, but you could do three or five I guess. The idea is to keep them out, so if you made one continuous hole, it wouldn't have the plastic 'bars' to keep them out.

_______
| \\_
| O O O _| <--- It should basically look like this.
|______/

If you have the handle pointing up, it would keep the gunk from building up in the small space.

I don't have pictures, but it's fairly simple. Hope my description works.
lol.png

AhBee01

Songster
12 Years
Nov 7, 2007
yo. ohio
Here is mine out of a pepsi bottle! I like the idea not to make one continuous hole, next time I will make a few smaller holes for them to drink from!
Brenda

DSCN2960.jpg

DSCN2953.jpg

Brickman House

Songster
10 Years
Feb 24, 2009
I did mine just like Raindrop's, but made the holes smaller-- just enough for the ducklings to stick their heads through.

I continued to save gallon jugs as I brooded the ducklings, and as the ducklings grew and the waterers got gross, I'd change them out, cutting the holes a little bigger and a little higher each time.

mominoz

Crowing
12 Years
Feb 17, 2009
North Georgia
big_smile.png
those are interesting, good ideas.I had 10 geese babies years ago, and 25 chicks once and all I can remember is the quart jar waterer, do remember getting them outside as soon as I could.
thanks

Ctptcha

Chirping
6 Years
Sep 15, 2013
I'm going to be doing this for my guys! Just one question... Won't they cut themselves on the sharp edges of cut plastic?

Top Bottom