1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

how do I get crazy glue off the dog?

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by ams3651, Nov 30, 2008.

1. ams3651

ams3651 Songster

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    Yes, my youngest got a hold of a tube of crazy glue while I was in the bathroom. Ive heard finger nail polish remover gets it off but my dog has sensitive skin and a good case of the itchies most of the time. Any suggestions?

2. SittinPretty

SittinPretty In the Brooder

Sep 16, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas
    I've heard vodka. Give the dog benadryl before you do anything so he doesn't get itchy.

3. erinm

erinm Posting For A change

Feb 24, 2007
    Central Massachusetts
    cut the hair off that it is stuck to. Only thing i can think of that would not irriate the dog.. ErinM

4. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    I'd probably try to cut the hair out as well.

5. SarahBeth9394

SarahBeth9394 Songster

Aug 23, 2008
    A hair cut is definitely called for. It'll grow back and the pooch wont have irritation problems.

6. spook

spook Songster

(saying this with a smile only!!!!) Did it work? Is the dog Crazy yet?

[​IMG]

7. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Songster

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Nail polish remover will only work if it's the kind that has acetone in it. Good luck! That's the only remedy I know of.

8. chickiebaby

chickiebaby Songster

Jan 2, 2008
    western mass
    One of the funnier titles ever for a post. Sory to laugh at your misfortune - or is it the dog's misfortune - but . . . .

9. ams3651

ams3651 Songster

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    I can appreciate the funnyness of this situation but with my youngest, its just another day [​IMG]

I can try to cut off some of it, shes a beagle so theres not much extra hair length.

10. ams3651

ams3651 Songster

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    Quote:the dogs not, but I am [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by