1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

how do I get my avatar to work?

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by frankenchick, Jul 24, 2007.

1. frankenchick

frankenchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2007
    Benton Twp., Michigan
    All of my chick-pics are too big to upload. Is there any way to make them fit the 100x100 parameters? If that's a really dumb question, sorry.[​IMG]

TIA

2. jessied1227

jessied1227 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2007
    East Brady, PA
    If you upload them to photobucket, when you click on the individual pictures, it takes you to a page where you can resize. It's in really small writing right above the picture. I believe avatar size is one of the selections.

Just make sure you have a duplicate of the picture saved in regular size, because photobucket won't make it large again.

HTH-
    Jess

3. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

4. Buckguy20

Buckguy20 OKIE MOSES

Apr 13, 2007
    Choctaw Oklahoma
    Where do we find avatars and how do I put it in the right place?

5. Dawn419

Dawn419 Lost in the Woods

Apr 16, 2007
    Evening Shade, AR
  6. cheepchicks

cheepchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2007
    Indiana
    photobucket would not resize my images correctly for avatars. So I went to tinypic.com it worked beautifully.

Kim

7. Dawn419

Dawn419 Lost in the Woods

Apr 16, 2007
    Evening Shade, AR
    Kim,

When using Photobucket...

Click on the pic you want to use. Right above the pic you will see little boxes/windows that say full size, resize, rotate, etc.. Just click on the resize button. Then it will list 3 options for sizes:

Thumbnail (160 x 120)
    Website,Email (320 x 240)

Just click on Avatar and it will resize that picture automatically. That's how I do my avatars here and have never had a problem with it.

HTH

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by