How do I get my ducklings to bond with me?

AltTipton

In the Brooder
May 23, 2018
So I hatched 7 ducklings. The first few days they came when I called and snuggled on me and everything. Then 2 days ago they completely stopped and even shy away when I go to get them out. Are they bonding with each other too much? Should I start taking them out one at a time to bond with them?
Any advice is very appreciative.

So I hatched 7 ducklings. The first few days they came when I called and snuggled on me and everything. Then 2 days ago they completely stopped and even shy away when I go to get them out. Are they bonding with each other too much? Should I start taking them out one at a time to bond with them?
Welcome to BYC! How old are they now?

You're just that thing that feeds them now LOL. My babies went through this and I found snuggle time where I let them come to me worked best. I'd sit on the floor, back to the wall, legs out and let them crawl all over me. Eventually they would fall asleep on my lap and I could pet them and snuggle. You could rotate them out by 2's - isolating them 1 at a time will probably stress out the 1.

x2 :lol:
All ducklings go through that shy faze. I have a 4 day old pastel call pullet, a 2 day old blue fawn call drakelet, and a 2 day old black east indies pullet that I hold and snuggle with everyday. It is best to give them as much love and attention when their this little so they'll come back to being friendly when they're adults. What breed or breeds are your ducklings?

They are about 1.5 weeks old. 6 are Black Swedish and 1 is a Muscovy.
I am not scared of duck poop at all. I have kids and own my own home, nothing grosses me out now. LoL. #AdultingisGross Hahaha.

Back
Top Bottom