How do I get NPIP Certified?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Chevis, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Chevis

Chevis Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2010
    Brunot
    I'm really wanting to get NPIP certified but I have no idea where to begin? [​IMG] Also why is this so important to have......I guess Im trying to say is what r the benifits of having this??

2. Whitehouse Quail

Whitehouse Quail Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    Michigan
    Which state do you live in? I'm watching House MD, so forgive me I'm distracted.

3. Chevis

May 4, 2010
    Brunot
    Quote:OOOOOOO I LOVE HOUSE!!!!!!! My kind of doctor I wanna c!!! LOL!! I live in Missouri.

4. Buck Creek Chickens

Buck Creek Chickens Have Incubator, Will Hatch

Nov 26, 2008
    Neenah, WI
    First what state do you live in? find out what it costs, in some states its free and some a few hundered bucks, then compare what you want to do to what it costs, in WI its $80 bucks a year but you need to have all your birds tested at a $1 a bird, unless you are certified to test yourself, so its $100 for antigan (only lasts a year) plus supplies. but in some states it all free you just call the state tell them what you want they come out and test and hand you a NPIP number.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2010
  5. Chevis

May 4, 2010
    Brunot
    Quote:I live n missouri. Who do I call ? I know u said to call state.....but do they have an official name they go by?

6. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

This is who you would contact. Tell them you want to become NPIP Certified.

Rose Foster, Missouri Department of Agriculture, P.O. Box 630, Jefferson City 65102.
    Phone: (573)522-3377 FAX: (573)751-5279.
    E-mail: [email protected].

Or email [email protected]

7. Chevis

May 4, 2010
    Brunot
    Quote:THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!

8. HyLinda

HyLinda Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2010
    Warrens, WI
    What about Wisconsin? [​IMG]

9. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

10. Buck Creek Chickens

Buck Creek Chickens Have Incubator, Will Hatch

Nov 26, 2008
    Neenah, WI
    Quote:Dr. Donald P. O'Connor, Animal Health Division, Department of Agriculture, P.O. Box 8911, Madison 53708-
    8911. Phone: (608)224-4882, FAX: (608)224-4871.
    E-mail: [email protected]

You can find the info your your state here http://www.aphis.usda.gov/animal_health/animal_dis_spec/poultry/downloads/osa-npip.pdf

this is where you get the paper work, you will have your birds tested, then they come out and check you premise over. but if you want the same as NPIP you can be WI Certified, which is almost the same as NPIP, the big difference is, other states are not required to recognize it, but the testing is the same and there is no fee other then the bird testing, the paper work is also simpler

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by