How do I give Corid to chickens??? Sick girl!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Frizzlett98, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Frizzlett98

Frizzlett98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2014
    Southwest Virginia
    I have a sick chicken and I'm getting ready to go get Corid for cattle and need to know how much and how I need to give it to her. I'm going to treat all of my chickens with Corid to assure that they aren't sick or will get it from my sick one. I have 33 chickens to give Corid. Since nobody answered my last thread I made a new one! Please help!

2. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Put the Corid in the water at the dosage of 2 teaspoons per gallon (if its the liquid) or 1.5 teaspoons per gallon (if its the powder). Allow birds to drink this for 5-7 days; you should see improvement in 3 days.

If the bird is too sick to drink from a waterer, use an eyedropper and drip some of the Corid water on the beak several times a day. Or, you can use an eyedropper to give the bird one drop of non-diluted (pure) Corid.

Hope this helps!

Last edited: Aug 26, 2014
  3. Frizzlett98

Frizzlett98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2014
    Southwest Virginia
    Ok thanks so much! It was really helpful! I've been trying to get an answer about this all morning! She is drinking on her own so it shouldn't be a problem.

4. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    What she said .

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by