How do I keep my memory foam mattress from absorbing heat?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by andrew123, Jun 27, 2011.

1. andrew123

andrew123 New Egg

Jun 27, 2011
    I love my memory foam mattress, but this is my first summer with it and the amount of heat it absorbs throughout the night is unbearable. How can I prevent my mattress from absorbing all of that heat?

2. cameron

cameron Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2010
    Reckon you could add a comforter over it and it not be as bad? That heat retention is the reason I can't bring myself to buy one. My girlfriend owns one and if I stay over at her house, I end up sleeping on the couch!

3. babylotzahenz

babylotzahenz Out Of The Brooder

Dec 30, 2010
    lexington
    I use a very thick mattress cover, actually I use two on mine and I have no problem. I got one that is made of very soft, cool cotton. Then I use really cool, cotton sheets. I love mine and wouldn't have any thing else.

4. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Ours has a wool topper. Works like a charm!

5. cassie

cassie Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2009
    Some sort of a topper should do it. Don't have a problem with mine. Have a thick cotton mattress pad, though.

6. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Thick cotton pad would work better than wool, if you are allergic to it. I get too hot in wool.

7. RobertTinda

RobertTinda New Egg

Dec 25, 2014
    Signature Sleep Memory Foam Mattress which is 12-inches and is of queen size too... It relieves pressure points on your hips and shoulders while you rest... The mattress is nice and firm yet very comfortable

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by