how do i make more of these...?

gumbii

Songster
9 Years
Oct 7, 2010
bell gardens, ca
i recently got this OEGB, it seems that someone local is playing with these colors... he sold 20 cockerels to the local feedstore and most of them looked like white japanese bantams... but in the mix, there were three OEGB's like this.... i dunno where he got the color from, but he looks like mille fluer OEGB... he's paired off with a black pullet right now because i got her for a friend, but then i got stuck with her... so i threw her with him....

anyways... here he is...

Photo0419.jpg

Photo0420.jpg

Photo0421.jpg

Photo0422.jpg

Photo0423.jpg

Photo0424.jpg

Photo0425.jpg

Photo0426.jpg

i'm not gonna find a hen the same color as him unless i find out where he came from... so i would want to start breeding this color for kicks... i was thinking about getting white hens... but don't white hens hide coloring...? what about pyle hens...? i would also want to throw in some blue two... most of my OEGB's are blue in some way...

what would be the best way to start a project with this guy...?

thanks in advance, and thanks for reading...

Blue will just replace the black with blue and lighten the yellow. White will hide it all. Pyle will put in way too much white.

The bird there is a mottled, a lot of it, and with very little black. . . Not sure about the base color though, but if you want that, just work with mottling. And if you want to keep the brown, work with Wheaten or BBR, that way the brown stays in both females and males.

Make sure to breed for mottled birds with the MOST white on them, otherwise your offspring won't be as flashy like that one.

ugh... i knew it was gonna be hard... LOL...

what about buff hens...? i have a buff, well, i actually think she's some sort of nankin bootleg... can i breed them, and keep the ones that have the highest amounts of white, and breed them to the dad and so forth...?

Quote:
i can find spangled, but they are ugly IMO... i also can't find any mille fleur OEGB hens around... looks like i'm gonna have to pick up a spangled hen or two... also gonna check out the auction... but all i want are hens, not pairs... maybe i'll get lucky... right...?

I have no idea but he is very pretty. My daughter would kidnap him in a heart beat, I might help her too. Good luck I hope it works out for you

can you try to back track & ask the feed store where he may have come from & go throu the list of names ( if you get any ) or maybe put in a ad in a local paper....

Quote:
he's huge though... he's a tad bigger than my other OEGB roo's... his feet aren't short enough to be japanese... i have to take some pics of him relaxed and standing up straight... that was when i first got him... i had to chase him around my living room and his tail got kind of beat up... LOL... and i doubt that the person that had him had some seramas... i got him at a feed store that deals with mexican people mostly... not saying they won't have any, but i'm saying that they won't bother with them...

but then again... he doesn't fight like my other OEGB's... OMG can he just be a huge serama...???????? but his tail doesn't touch the back of his head...

just sayinn...

Quote:
thank you... he is gorgeous, and i didn't think twice to buy him... although, he was expensive, he's cute, and might be fun to try to breed out his colors...

Back
Top Bottom