how do i put the eggs back

turkey lover

Songster
10 Years
Mar 12, 2013
its my first year an my bourbon red has started to lay eggs,i'v taken three so far wrote a date on them.i don't have a incubator so i was wondering just how do i go about putting the eggs back iv taken from her so she will hatch them ,do i start out buy leaving a few last ones there so she knows she needs to sit or what,please help,

its my first year an my bourbon red has started to lay eggs,i'v taken three so far wrote a date on them.i don't have a incubator so i was wondering just how do i go about putting the eggs back iv taken from her so she will hatch them ,do i start out buy leaving a few last ones there so she knows she needs to sit or what,please help,

If I want my turkeys to hatch their own eggs, I just let them have the eggs and do not take them from the nests. The only reasons I remove turkey egs from their nests is to save eggs for the incubator, to gather eggs for eating or if the nest happens to be somewhere that I don't want it to be.

If you have already taken the eggs and want to return them, just lay them back in her nest.

There is some "magic" number that they know to set on, it may be around 10 or so, and until they get the number they feel good about they won't set on them.

Back
Top Bottom