How do I ship turkey eggs safely?

freemotion

Songster
11 Years
Nov 10, 2008
Western MA
Sorry, folks, I tried a search and it brought up thousands of hits each time!!!

My dad wants me to send him some turkey eggs on Monday for hatching, he lives several states away. How do I pack and ship them? Do I need to put something frozen in with them to keep them cool? How old/fresh do they need to be? Packing materials????

Yes, I have a pair of Bourbon Reds, with no indication of willingness to go broody. The hen's back is a bit trampled, so let's assume there is a chance of fertility. She does like to move the eggs around quite a bit, from this spot to that, and they get quite dirty in the process. How clean must they be? Are we doomed from the start?

It may be a little hot to send eggs, at least it is here but, can you send them overnite? The cleaner the better. I know they say don't send them if they are older then 10 days. Can you wipe off the dirt without using water? When I received my turkey eggs they were wraped in bubble wrap. A lot of it. Sometimes I receive a box in a box. This way there's less chance of movement. Pack them so they can't move. Hope that helps and I'm sure someone else will come on to help also. Good luck with them.

Back
Top Bottom