1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

How do i steady the humidity in my homemade incubator????

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Quailer21, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Quailer21

Quailer21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2011
    Jupiter, Florida
    How do i steady the humidity in my homemade incubator???? I'm scared that my humidity might drop or get to high overnight or while i'm at school this coming week. HELP?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!

Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  2. Quailer21

Aug 24, 2011
    Jupiter, Florida
    HELP!!!!!!!

3. bilder

bilder Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2013
    Phoenix, Oregon
    What is going on with it? What levels are you getting? Do you have a fan or not?

My humidity goes between 30-40%. I do not sweat any fluctuations. If it is too high for you, add some vent holes or use a smaller container for your water. I use a small coffee cup with a folded up paper towel in it acting as a wick. I can lengthen or shorten the paper towel length to adjust my humidity as well as the vents.

I figure that if momma hen is not worrying about the humidity being exact, neither should I.

4. Quailer21

Aug 24, 2011
    Jupiter, Florida
    Mine was going from 30-60 with jist a tubaware with just water in it. I just switched it with a damp sponge only no other water sources. Sound good?? Im about to call it a night. Good humidity or bad.:'(

5. Quailer21

Aug 24, 2011
    Jupiter, Florida
    Yes I have a fan blowing the heat from one bulb on to my water heater thermostat.

6. Quailer21

Aug 24, 2011
    Jupiter, Florida
    HELP??????!!!!?!?!?!?!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by