How do I turn button eggs in quail egg cartons?

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Fluffy Feather Farm
12 Years
Jan 26, 2010
Texas, Panhandle
Title says it all ...
I got 45 button eggs in the mail this morning, I didn't know how I was suppost to turn them in the carton so I just turned them all on their sides ... am I suppost to turn them from the small pointed end to the big fat end of the egg? Thanks!
bow.gif

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Quote:
So put them in the carton small end down .... and tilt the carton side ways?

Yep, like a teeter-totter
smile.png

Just put something under one end of the carton to elevate it, then switch to the other side a couple times a day. Or you could just lay them in the bator and roll them with your hand, place your palm on top of the eggs and just move them around some. That works just as well
smile.png

Quote:
So put them in the carton small end down .... and tilt the carton side ways?

Yep, like a teeter-totter
smile.png

Just put something under one end of the carton to elevate it, then switch to the other side a couple times a day. Or you could just lay them in the bator and roll them with your hand, place your palm on top of the eggs and just move them around some. That works just as well
smile.png

I have a nesting box with a heat lamp hung right over it so when ever I want to turn the eggs I switch on the lamp and let it get warm and then I put the carton under the light while I turn them that way they don't get cold and the incubator doesn't loose all it's warm air.
I will try it in the morning, will the eggs fall out of the carton? Or will they stay put? They fit pretty tightly in the carton ..?

Quote:
All the 'pros' say just to roll your hand over them to turn them, rather than turning each and every one one full rotation. A lot of people I know in this area do it like that...I have a turner
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom