How do I upload pics to my byc page?

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by shelleyb1969, Jan 18, 2010.

1. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

I go to my page, click to edit page, click to insert an image and I get the "insert/edit image" box. I have tried pasting the url from 1 of my uploaded photos in the "image url" box, but it doesn't insert the image. What am I doing wrong?

2. E.G.Glayer

E.G.Glayer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2009
    Blanchester OH
    I just right clicked in the image box, selected copy then pasted in my BYC page. You should have to do that for each pic. Make sure the cursor is where you want to put the photo. I hope this helps, if not let us know and we'll try again.

[​IMG]

3. shelleyb1969

It tells me that copy/paste is not allowed in Mozilla Firefox. I'm just trying to figure out why it won't insert the pic from my uploaded pics in BYC? Thanks for the help, E.G.

4. houndit

houndit There is no H or F in Orpington!

Jul 13, 2008
    Braymer Missouri
    Look at the how to edit instructions. Pictures on the pages take a different tag than ones on the forum.

5. houndit

houndit There is no H or F in Orpington!

Jul 13, 2008
    Braymer Missouri
    Quote:Use explorer. I had the same problem till I used internet explorer.

6. E.G.Glayer

E.G.Glayer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2009
    Blanchester OH
    I use explorer maybe thats why I havent had any trouble. These BYC'ers are so smart.

7. Reinbeau

Reinbeau The Teapot Underground Premium Member

Copy and paste definitely is allowed in Firefox, I do it all the time. If you're using the upload tool BYC offers it should work seamlessly, if it doesn't, then something else is wrong besides the use of Firefox.

8. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

I can't remember exactly, but one of the copy/paste ways works and the other doesn't.

For example, you can CTRL+C CTRL+V or you can use your mouse and right click. I'm 99% sure one works in FF and one doesn't with the BYC page creator.

9. shelleyb1969

Houndit was right...I used Internet Explorer and had no problems whatsoever.

Reinbeau...have you tried using Firefox to add pics to your byc page? Maybe it's only there that it doesn't work. According to Mozilla, it's a security measure.

Thanks Houndit!!!

10. shelleyb1969

Case closed, problem solved! Thanks everyone! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by