How do I work the Moultrie I40 Gamespy Cam?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Germaine_11.20, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Germaine_11.20

Germaine_11.20 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    Idaho
    I bought the game cam and am trying to figure out how to work it. Does it automatically take pics? I have read the directions but am not quite getting it.

I wanted to aim it at the nesting boxes to see who is laying. I am not sure if that will work or not because there is always alot of action there. Will it work?

How can I set low resolution so I get more pictures?

Also after I figure out just who is laying, I need to take it outside and see what predators are coming around. I know we have them but I am not sure what it is.

I want to put by the goose coop, because that is who they take (or ducks) But if the geese move around is the camera always going to take pictures? I worry that they will move so much that the pic capacity will be full before the predator comes!

I would sure appreciate any help with this. I am horrible at electronic stuff.

Thank you!

2. GaNewChick

GaNewChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    McDonough, Ga.
    You should have a menu button to press that will scroll through the settings. Make sure that your *aim* light is pointed in the direction where you will catch movement. You can set it to take 1 picture each time it is tripped or 3. To catch who is laying ... I would set it on 1 picture. Once you move it to catch predators, you might want to set it back up to 3.

Everytime something moves through the beam, it will take pictures. I've had as many as 200 pictures in 24 hours.

You can set it to high resolution (that gives you high quality photos) and doesn't having anything to do with quantity.

You need a SD card that is 256 or greater.

Good luck!

Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  3. Germaine_11.20

Jun 6, 2009
    Idaho
    Thank you so much! I am going to get this thing up and running!!

4. KatyTheChickenLady

KatyTheChickenLady Bird of A Different Feather

Dec 20, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    How Fun!!!!!

5. Germaine_11.20

Jun 6, 2009
    Idaho
    Katy, pulling my hair out in frustration is not fun... I hate electronics!!!! But I am going to figure this out and find out lots of chicken and predator things. Inquiring minds want to know.

Hey we need to get together and this time I will remember to show up!!

6. GaNewChick

GaNewChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    McDonough, Ga.
    You're welcome ~ can't wait to see the pictures!

7. Germaine_11.20

Jun 6, 2009
    Idaho
    Thanks! I can't wait to see the pictures either. Seeing who is laying will be nice but then it is going outside to see what is picking off my geese and ducks.
    If one doesn't get locked up (and once in awhile there is no catching them) they usually end up predator food.

If I can at least see what it is then I will have a better idea of how and when to catch/dispatch it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by