How do Sizzle genetics work?

koakritters

Songster
8 Years
Jan 27, 2011
Petaluma
I've got eggs hatching in 2 days, and one of the (potential) dad's is my Sizzle roo, the other one's my Silkie roo.

The 2 hens are a Cochin and a GC cross, if the Sizzle is the dad to any of the babies, will he pass on his curly feathers? I would think so in at least some of the Cochin's eggs since you cross a cochin to get the sizzle in the first place...? But what about the GC eggs, would they potentially get the curly feathers as well? I know it's only like 50% of the eggs that he fertilized would get the curly feathers anyways...

Assuming that he has one copy of the frizzle gene, abut half his offspring will inherit it. Sizzles do not necessarily have to have cochin; they simply have to have frizzle bred it, and it is most frequently with a cochin as the type is similar. Next most common would be frizzled polish. Anyways what is a GC? And yes, frizzle will be inherited by them, too.

thanks!!! i thought it was something like that... yes he does only have one copy of it, momma was my banty frizzled cochin dad was a silkie.

and GC- golden comet :)

Back
Top Bottom