How do u set your eggs in the Brinsea 20 advance?? I'm having some dilemmas !!

adiekaty

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 24, 2013
Banner, Wyoming
I have the auto turn, so i know they can't lay on their side. have them in upright position now, using those metal bar dividers.. i have small eggs (seramas) but not liking the set up yet. Im use to the plastic egg turners that hold the egg just perfectly. What do you guys do? so far, I'm thinking of using a styrofoam egg carton cut down and the bottom area where egg sits, cut out for ventilation. thoughts?

Do you have too many to set on their side? If I don't have that many (since fewer fit) I have set them on their side with the auto turn cradle thing... just using a couple of bars/foam to separate them out into rows so they don't flop around. I've also set bantam eggs in egg cartons (cut out like you said).

not too many eggs .. i had them set on their said, then heard with serama eggs best to have upright when using auto turner. or hand turn and they can be on their sides. this person knows her stuff, so i now have them upright, and using cut pieces of toilet paper rolls, have them incubating like that.. just figured easier or better way. guess I'm gonna do the styrofoam holder thingy..

Back
Top Bottom