how do u tell

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by country11187, Jun 6, 2011.

1. country11187

country11187 New Egg

May 30, 2011
    DOVER DELAWARE
    How do u tell an internal pip. Also my hatch date is this saturday for my ducks. Most of them are rolling like crazy should i still turn them? Also my humidity is right at 65% and temp has been steady at 99.5 some spikes but within a degree or two. and last but not least i have one more newbie question.. What the max days i give my duck eggs with no piping or peeping. I have mostly mallard eggs with some cayuaga. This will be my second hatch and the egg health up to this point has been 100 percent better than the last one. thank you all for letting me ask such basic questions. I read alot of articles and each one sometimes varies drasticlly. Thanks a bunch

2. Razadia

Razadia The Odd One

Apr 7, 2011
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I can't answer the rest of your questions, but you can tell when they've piped internally because they start to peep.

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:[​IMG]

As much as I have hatched, I only rarely know when they have pipped internally. They start peeping. One of the things that happens when one hatches alot, you forget they are there. I have forgotten to lockdown before and woke up on day 20 to birds rolling around in the bator.

Oops.

4. country11187

country11187 New Egg

May 30, 2011
    DOVER DELAWARE
    thanks for the info i am learning all this stuff an it all gets consfusing some times

5. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I love being a hatch-a-holic addict, welcome to the club... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by