how do we know if the month old chick is happy on my shoulder in it's little "cave" between my shoul

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by MsMoss, Oct 18, 2013.

1. MsMoss

MsMoss Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2011
    i am laying on my side, and i am being super gentle and still and at first it seemed to be nuzzling in and now it's just quitely sitting there, it's not making noises of alarm or anything and it seems happy. but how do i know if it really is happy on my shoulder hanging out with it's lil "cave" and i.

2. Nutcase

Nutcase Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2012
    Australia
    My Coop
    It's very easy to tame chicks and keep them happy. Look at it this way - if your chick was unhappy it would be struggling and cheeping to get away from you.

3. MsMoss

Mar 26, 2011
    That is true! Because when we first pick any of them up, most them struggle and scream and carry on. i just hate the thought that it is holding still in hopes that the threat will go away. i truely want them to enjoy being with me and around me.

4. Nutcase

Nutcase Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2012
    Australia
    My Coop
    If you are gentle and quiet they will become calm and happy around you. It may take a while if some of them are a little more timid. Good luck.

5. MsMoss

Mar 26, 2011
    I am always gentle and calm:)
    Quote:

6. aliciasimon

aliciasimon Out Of The Brooder

Sep 24, 2013
    Does she have access to the other chickens? I know chickens like to be in a flock or else they get lonely. Also I think they know there is safety in numbers.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by