How do y'all like my newest creation?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Southern28Chick, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    I'm making a wood burning sign for my "farm". Forgive the mess on my desk in the picture. It's not even halfway done. I only burned the rooster and the "S" so far. The rest of the writing and the eggs are just a sketch of what I have left to burn. My soap company is Southern Essence and when me and DH buy our 20+ acres we'll have a farm and it'll be named Southern Essence Farms. I call my lil 3 acres Southern Essence Farms already so I wanted to make a sign.

Do y'all like it?

[​IMG]

2. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    Trisha, the sign is very nice, please post mor pics when you are finished with it so we can see it.

3. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    COOL! [​IMG]

4. Newchickenmom&kids

Newchickenmom&kids Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2007
    Illinois
    Very Nice....I used to like to woodburn too...haven't done it in years! Can't wait to see it when it's finished!

5. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    Did you model the rooster after the markings on Jean's filly??

Just kiddin - I think it's GREAT!

Been trying to come up with a good name for our 'city estate' (5.25 acres in the great metropolis of Concord, NC) but am coming up with a blank...

Susan

6. mdbucks

mdbucks Cooped Up

Jul 14, 2007
    EXIT 109 on 95
    Newchickenmom&kids :

I used to like to woodburn too...haven't done it in years!

Me too, but Once I got off probation for that barn and gasoline incident I dont even play with matches anymore [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Smoker, tattos, piercing what else are we gonna discover about you?​

Last edited: Sep 18, 2007
  7. Southern28Chick

Apr 16, 2007
    Quote:I got the roo picture online. I figured my baby Bok Bok would look like that (God rest his baby soul) by now so I wanted to use that picture to be in memory of my brave Sgt. Major Bok Bok.

8. Southern28Chick

Apr 16, 2007
    Quote:Me too, but Once I got off probation for that barn and gasoline incident I dont even play with matches anymore [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Smoker, tattos, piercing what else are we gonna discover about you?

you're just to silly for words mdbutthead [​IMG]

9. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    I really envy anyone who can do artistic stuff like that. I am a whiz with a good set of instructions and the right tools - whether it is sewing, knitting, crocheting, or construction chicken coops and doing home improvements, but I have next to 0 creativity...

People see the stuff we do and say 'oh, you are SOOOO creative' I have to say - nope, I just had a good set of instructions!

Susan

10. Southern28Chick

Apr 16, 2007
    Smoker, tattos, piercing what else are we gonna discover about you?

I just noticed this part of your post. I only smoke when I'm drinkin, it's a nasty habit. I smoked since I was 13 and I quit at 22 but I still have to smoke when I drink for whatever reason.​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by