How do you add a photo?

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by chickenbike, Nov 3, 2008.

1. chickenbike

chickenbike Chillin' With My Peeps

I have tried finding this topic to read, but no luck. I click on upload, select my photo from my browser, but then nothing happens. ???
    (I'm referring to photos, not avatars)

Last edited: Nov 3, 2008
  2. Colored Egg Farmer

Colored Egg Farmer Chicken overload

3. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    When you click on Uploads a second screen will open. Click on browse the select your photo from your computer files. The click on submit.

4. chickenbike

Thank you both for your help. I have now uploaded the image. I read the FAQ's link page and the line I need help with states, now you have an img address to cut and paste.

Please pardon my ignorance. Where do you cut & paste to? Do you need two tabs open to do this? My uploaded image was gone when I tried. Sorry, when it comes to computers, I sort of need the 10-step version.

5. Colored Egg Farmer

Colored Egg Farmer Chicken overload

you can copy and past by right clicking and choosing copy or paste. If you have a mac. I'm not sure.

6. coffeelady3

coffeelady3 Froths Milk for Hard Cash

Jun 26, 2008
    Tacoma, WA
    When you're on the uploads page, scroll down to the lower right corner and click on "my uploads". All your pics will magically appear with some sort of code-y thing underneath them. (That's the technical term! [​IMG])Those are what you copy/paste into your message. You have the option of original size, or thumbnail.

7. chickenbike

Thanks to all of you.....I finally figured it out!

8. coffeelady3

coffeelady3 Froths Milk for Hard Cash

Jun 26, 2008
    Tacoma, WA
    So, where's your pic!

9. chickenbike

I just posted it with the title....Partridge Chantecler's first egg.....finally (23.5 weeks). Under Chicken Behaviours and Egglaying.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by