How do you breed new colors into a breed ?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by jasonak, Jan 15, 2010.

1. jasonak

jasonak Out Of The Brooder

May 17, 2008
    wasilla,AK
    Hi
    I was wanting to breed new colors into D'Uccles. Is there any website or books that would explain how to do somthing like this? Ive seen the chicken calculator but that dosent cover beards and foot feathering or how you go about breeding the offspring.
    I was wondering which bird to cross with them as well ? OE seem to have the most colors,at least on Ideal poultrys site.I was wanting a Colombian color and Brahamas already have feathered feet so I was thinking maybe Brahamas.
    Any info or input greatly appreciated.
    thanks

2. Henk69

Henk69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2008
    Groesbeek Netherlands
    Hi,

The new/advanced chicken calculator does cover beards and stuff.

The porcelain and millefleur colors carry the columbian factor. Just cross with a non mottled color.
    What colors do you have available?

This website is about breeding belgians: http://belgians.edelras.nl/

3. catwalk

catwalk Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2009
    I believe Boggy Bottom Bantams is playing with Duccle colors; try checking in there!

4. jasonak

jasonak Out Of The Brooder

May 17, 2008
    wasilla,AK
    Hi

Henk69- As far as colors for D'Uccls I have Black mottled,Porcelain,Buff colombian,Millie Fluer and Golden Neck

For crossing right now I only have a Crele old english bantams and Blue laced red wyandottes bantams.

I was thinking I would just order some of the diffrent Collored OEs from Ideal. Thanks for the belgian link.

Catwalk- Thanks for the tip on boggy bottoms bantams.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by