How do you figure Tylan Powder dose for just a few chickens?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by smoothmule, Dec 14, 2009.

1. smoothmule

smoothmule Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2008
    Buffalo, Missouri
    I like to keep emergency medications on hand and I have some Tylan powder that I use for my poodle. (It just takes a tiny bit on her food to keep the eye staining controlled). Anyway, I cannot find anything anywhere that tells how much powder in how much water for a small flock or even just a bird or two. I don't have hundreds of chickens to dose. For instance, how much of the powder per gallon of water?? and not by weight, I don't have a scale for grams, I need the calculation to use a measurement that is easy and quick to calculate. I could manage to find a site that had how many milligrams per Kg of total body weight and I can easily calculate the dose (I'm an RN) but there is no weight listed on the 100G bottle. I don't want to undertreat or overdose them. Does anyone have this information? I couldn't even find a contact number or email on their website to ask them. I don't plan to keep the injectable on hand and the powder has a better shelf life.
    Thanks

2. smoothmule

smoothmule Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2008
    Buffalo, Missouri

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by