how do you find merck and fowl pox amunnity vaccines

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by grayeyes, Jan 9, 2013.

1. grayeyes

grayeyes Out Of The Brooder

Oct 6, 2011
    sanata fe texas
    I have a small jersey giant farm. I also hatch my eggs. I have been looking for the merck vaccine and a fowl pox vaccine.
    these vaccine are needed. I live in texas were fowl pox runs like an epidemic. I just recently lost 60% of my flock too fowl pox. I never want this too happen again! Someone please give me a place too obtain these vaccines?

2. jdywntr

jdywntr Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2009
    Somerville, AL
    I'd do an internet search. I don't vaccinte but I did see some vaccines in murray mcmurray's catalog. Shipping is usually $25 since it needs 2day and they need an insulated box. Check with your local feed store and I would double check with my county extension office too just in case.
    [​IMG]

3. grayeyes

grayeyes Out Of The Brooder

Oct 6, 2011
    sanata fe texas
    thank you for the info with the hatchery, but unfortunately i cannot find the fowl pox vaccination i need for the area. I did check with the state and an state inspector will be paying me a visit next month to give state required shots, paid by the state. I still cannot find the amunnity vaccine for the fowl pox. I live on the tx coast line and misquittos and pox mix all too well

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by