I have to cull one of my chickens, I have posted on here a few times about her and she is just not doing well. Now it's to the point that I feel she is suffering, and I had agreed with DH that if she was suffering that would be it. For a week (probably longer) I have known this was coming, so I had been trying to find somewhere that would do a necropsy on a pet chicken. I have had no luck at all. I've called the local community college that has veterinary programs (left a message, no call back 4 days later), I also called the UC San Diego dept of veterinary med (left a message, no call back 3 days later) and I e-mailed a teacher I had a while back who works in the veterinary field... no response. I don't know where else to check, but I know I can't wait much longer to cull her, the poor thing. I don't want to see her suffer any more, but if we cull her now, we have no where to take her and would never know if it is Marek's that she had, or something that is not contagious that we don't have to worry about once she's gone. Ugh. I just am at a loss. I would really like my mind to be put at ease (or not if she does, in fact, have Marek's) so that I can move forward from this knowing that nothing is hanging over us, kwim? Thanks for any suggestions you may have!