How do you get chapstick out of cloth?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by cackle, Mar 29, 2009.

1. cackle

cackle Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    My 4 year old granddaughter spent the night last night and smuggled her Dora Chapstick into the guest bed on the brand new cotton sheets. And as you can imagine the top came off and it was all over the sheets. I have washed them twice and the greasy stain has not come out. First time was with Dawn and the second with Oxiclean spray. I did dry them after the dish detergent but hung on a makeshift line the second go round.

Any suggestions are welcome.

2. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Use tissue paper and an iron set on medium heat. It will melt the wax and collect on the tissue.

3. cackle

Jul 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    Quote:How long does it take for the wax to start melting?

4. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Quote:This what I was going to suggest. You can also use white paper towels if you don't have tissue paper.

5. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Quote:This what I was going to suggest. You can also use white paper towels if you don't have tissue paper.

Wow! Too bad we don't live closer. We think just alike. [​IMG]

6. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I noticed! [​IMG]

7. cackle

Jul 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    I must be doing something wrong or I set the stain when I dried it. Tried both paper towels and tissue paper. I did have both.. I guess I turn the sheet with the stain to the bottom.

Susan

8. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    I have had great luck getting out greasy stains by sprinkling them with baby powder or shower-to-shower powder (or some other similar powder), and letting it sit for a day or two before washing again. Really put the powder on heavy and let it soak up the grease in the stain. Wash just like normal. My Mom taught me this years ago and it almost always works!

9. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I've always used paper towels on both sides of the cloth and then sat a hot iron on it. Then if that didn't take it out and the cloth could still take it, I'd put it in a pan of boiling water.

10. chickabator

chickabator Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    ky
    try goop hand cleaner it is what car garages use to get the grease off of their hands and clothes, also goo gone and oops works good you can buy all of it at wal mart

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by