How do you get chickens to get along ?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Faithhperryy, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Faithhperryy

Faithhperryy New Egg

Jun 3, 2016
    Hi guys, SO we have a baby chick (little). And we had to get him buy himself. She's seven weeks old. So we've been on the hunt to find her some company, and so we have we got two new chicks (seven weeks old). But she keeps attacking them, i understand the peck game (who wants to be in charge) but they dont hurt her back. (two girl chicks) . I was just woundering , how do you make them get along .... THANKS <3

2. Den in Penn

Den in Penn Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2011
    SE Pa.
    It may seem harsh, leaving the chicks work it out for themselves is for the best. The singleton may just not have had enough socialization yet to understand the two new ones are submitting. It may take a little longer then usual for chicks.

3. Faithhperryy

Faithhperryy New Egg

Jun 3, 2016
    Okay, thankyou , but if blood come do i pull them out ? Or still wait. x

4. scottygvsu

scottygvsu Out Of The Brooder

May 12, 2016
    Northern Michigan
    If you want to keep them all together, you have to let them work it out on their own. You're other option is to house them separately. It may be hard to watch but it will shake out in time.

5. Mrs. K

Mrs. K Overrun With Chickens

Nov 12, 2009
    western South Dakota
    Put some safe zones in, where a bird can get out of sight, or away for a bit.

6. Faithhperryy

Faithhperryy New Egg

Jun 3, 2016
    Ok i understand, just i hate to see them have a fight. But we're gonna do this tomorrow, hopefully all goes well. :/ Thanks for your feedback !

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by