How do you get the lid off the Tylan 200 bottle???

emzee

Songster
10 Years
Aug 18, 2009
One of my chick's eyes has bubbly-looking foam in the corner so I decided to buy some Tylan 200 to see if that would clear it up. The only problem is, I would prefer not to inject her with it. Is there any way to get the lid off the bottle so I can just put a few drops in her eye?

Tylan 200 is not the right dosage for chickens, you should be using the Tylan 50.

You need to remove the Tylan with a syringe and needle and take the needle off to drop it in the eye with the syringe only.

I don't have a syringe and needle. Is there any other way to get the medicine out?

you can use a knife or scissors and cut the soft top (that you'd normally insert a syringe to) ... Any other way you'll probably crack/break the glass bottle.

smile.png

You can go to your local Tractor supply store and purchase syringes there to use to get the medication out it won't cause contamination that way.
If you cut it open then nasty bugs can get in and the next time you want to use it you may be putting something worse in your birds eye or where ever.

Safety first!!

Good luck with your little chick.

Silkieone

Okay, I just went and bought a syringe from my feed store, so hopefully that will work! Thanks everyone!

Back
Top Bottom