How do you get the mud (brown) out of your blues?

iajewel

Songster
11 Years
Oct 22, 2008
Corning IA
Im going to get back into blue Orphs this spring and don't have access to the good birds I used to. The place Im getting my birds does have some mud in them. confirmation is very good, type is good, but they are muddy...
What would you suggest to breed the mud out? Should I just put a black (blue genes, black color) and in effect start over?

There are many people on here with good blue orpingtons. You can hatch eggs and get good birds to start with.

I have several threads from this week with my bbs orps photos.

If you can give me a link to some of those posts or tell me how to look up YOUR posts that would be great.
I really like the over all size and structure of the birds this lady has.. they are very nice.. just muddy.. and that can be fixed I think LOL..

Don't have any advice on the subject, just wanted to say I love your avatar. Had no idea you could use steers as jumpers. Cool...

Paula

Thanks.. ya.. my steers do anything my horses ever did.. and they don't do a few things horses do, like rear, spook.. etc. As I age, I like my steers better and better, but still have a horse I would never sell. *grins*

The sire of all my Blue Orp chicks is in my avatar. I have one Blue hen, lost my other one to sour crop issues, but I have two pullets who are 18 weeks old now and will be with him very soon. Here's a larger picture of Suede, my big blue turkey of a roo. Suede is about 12 lbs. Yes, I do sell hatching eggs, but I have to wait till my remaining hen finishes her molt. She isn't laying and the other younger girls haven't started yet.
DCP_8068.jpg

Back
Top Bottom