how do you hatch your eggs from day 18 & on????

HeatherJoe

Songster
7 Years
Oct 24, 2014
We are on day 18!!!!!!!!!!!! The big question is...... How are the eggs supposed to be set?? are they supposed to be layed right down?? or can they be in an egg carton or left in the turner as long as the turner is shut off???? PLEASE HELP... IM CONFUSED.....LOL.

I lay my eggs down on their sides (horizontally). It does depend on the incubator, however. I use the Brinsea Mini Advance, so the eggs are always on their sides. Other incubators and incubator turners are designed for chicks to hatch with the eggs kept in the turner, pointing with the large end up.

thank you very much.. I just wasnt sure if it was still "safe" to keep them "half tipped" like they are in the turner .....

I take my turner out and lay mine down. Lot's of people hatch in egg cartons (but the bottom of each cup is cut out for air circulation.) And yes, air cell up. I've seen some hatch with the turners in and just turned off. Personally I would think that it would be harder to clean the turners after hatching in them, but I could be wrong. I use the dollar store rubber shelf liner over my screen in the bator so I can just roll it up and discard it after hatch.

ok... thank you very much!!! I think we willbe good then :) i am trying to patiently wait for the hatching to begin!!!!!

it is very hard... i will not open the incubator until i am sure the babies are done hatching but the waiting part is the killer for me...lol.....

I have a video of our first hatch of the year & I cant figure out how to upload it on here from facebook.......can anyone help me???? I'm so excited I actually saw it let alone caught it on video!!!!!

0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom