How do you keep Guineas off of your car?

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by racuda, Jan 2, 2011.

1. racuda

racuda Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    North Carolina
    Is it possible? They have already scratched the paint pretty badly.

2. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays Premium Member

You can do that? who knew... I just thought everybody learned to live with it. [​IMG]

Seriously, our's go pretty much where they want, so I'll be watching this thread to see if anybody has found a way that works to keep them off the cars, barns, out of the pecan trees, etc..

3. annaraven

annaraven Born this way

Apr 15, 2010
    SillyCon Valley
    I thought this asked how to keep Guiness off your car... drink it in the house and don't try to drive til you sober up.

4. robin416

robin416 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2007
    The adventuresome young birds are the ones that think its special to get up on any thing they can. As they mature it will stop but in the mean time the only way to stop them is to cover the car or put it in the garage.

They especially like them when the windows and chrome is all shiny and clean. Better to see the bird in the reflection to peck at.

5. racuda

Oct 1, 2008
    North Carolina
    Quote:I hope you're right Robin. I've been telling my wife (it's her car) that they'll grow out of it, but I was just guessing. Thanks for adding credibility to my speculation.

They don't bother my car or truck. Maybe it's because I don't wash them too often and hers is the most shiny. Hey I have an idea! I'll tell her not to wash hers until next fall!

6. cracking up

cracking up Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2009
    So Cal
    Annaraven - I like you - don't know you, but I like you.

I'd let the guineas all over my car if I thought it would keep the rats from chewing my wires.

7. flgardengirl

flgardengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2009
    Sunny side up :)
    "How do you keep Guineas off of your car?" Crisco? [​IMG]

8. racuda

Oct 1, 2008
    North Carolina
    Quote:It turns out snow works pretty good also for two reasons. 1- it is slippery and 2- it scares them. [​IMG]

9. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    If i put crisco on DH car my dogs would eat the car. [​IMG] they love grease

10. miohippus

miohippus Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2010
    I don't know if this will work for you for sure but owls are predators. So you could try putting a plastic owl on top of the car, not sure how you would secure it and you would probably want some way that would be removable, cause it would look funny driving around with a owl on your roof, and also it scares them more if I doesn't stay in the same spot all the time. I have one hanging in my car port they have not roosted in there yet. someone also told me that the plastic owl will also keep real owls away cause they are terorial but i don't know if that is true or not.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by