I heard on the news this morning about a barn fire caused by a heat lamp. Unfortunatly a lot of animals didn't get out. I live in FL. and 2 nights this week I had a heat lamp turned on in the coop because the temps got down to 17*. My lamp is situated on a board on the ceiling so it doesn't get hot but just enough heat to keep the birds comfy and they can get off the roost if they are too warm. Those members that live in the really cold regions must really have a though time in the winter so how do you keep your birds warm and safe?