How do you lockdown?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by dwegg, Dec 17, 2010.

1. dwegg

dwegg Chillin' With My Peeps

1. How long should it take you to remove the eggs from turner and replace back in the bator?

2. Will the eggs be ok out of the bator while you fill water and then get eggs out of turner and place on wire? Do people get help?

3. I am still unsure whether to leave the eggs free on wire floor or secure them somehow so they don't get rolled around?

2. 1. How long should it take you to remove the eggs from turner and replace back in the bator?

Hi! It shouldn't take but a couple of minutes. Don't forget to adjust the temp as there can be several degrees difference in 'egg height' from in-the-turner to on-the-wire.
    2. Will the eggs be ok out of the bator while you fill water and then get eggs out of turner and place on wire? Do people get help?

The eggs will be fine out of the incubator for the time it takes.

3. I am still unsure whether to leave the eggs free on wire floor or secure them somehow so they don't get rolled around?

What are you using for an incubator? I lay my eggs right on the wire (in the Little Giants) and they do get rolled around.
    Good Luck!
    [​IMG]
    Lisa​

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I cut up egg cartons to place the eggs in - for me it makes for easier clean up.

4. justtoni44

justtoni44 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2010
    oregon
    I use egg cartons also.It was suggested to me to cut the bottoms out a little for air cerculation.
    Do not know if it makes a difference...bt I do it anyway [​IMG]

5. BeccaB00

BeccaB00 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    Kansas
    1.) It should only take a mintute, depending on how many eggs you have.

2.) they should be fine. Remember the eggs temp. does not go down as
    fast as the incubator's. [​IMG]

3.) Nope, I never have ANYTHING to keep my eggs from rolling. It's not gonna
    hurt them to roll around a bit. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by